The Sea Shanty Restaurant is in need of staff for the upcoming 2013 Spring/Summer seasons. We are a busy harbor front restaurant (open for lunch and dinner) located at 300 Main street over First Street Dock in beautiful Tofino and we are looking for hard working, enthusiastic people for the kitchen in the capacity of Cook.
-Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
-Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
-Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking
ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
-Graciously and quickly fulfill any guest request possible
-Promptly reports equipment and food quality or shortage problems to Kitchen Manager.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and
kitchen rules, recipes, policies and procedures.
-Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
· Handles, stores, labels, and rotates all products properly as per Food Safe Handling guidelines
-Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing
-Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
-Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- Minimum 2 years in a commercial kitchen as cook/line cook
- Food Safe Certification
We offer competitive wages and fun work environment which offers room to grow and build skills...with a location in beautiful TOFINO!